Just a reminder from one of your friendly neighborhood feminists: Make 2012 a memorable year by celebrating the awesome women in our life. :-D
1. As much as your husband/boyfriend/guy pals love you, they don’t want to hear about your period. They don’t understand it. Just let them be. Girlfriends understand and sympathize, and they probably need someone to vent to as much as you do.
2. We’re not in high school anymore! Or hell, even if you are in high school, it’s well past time we all learn that other women are not our competition. There are more than enough human beings on this planet for everyone to find a match, so quit looking at the fun, cute, smart lady next to you as your enemy and make her your friend!
3. The simplest form of feminism is friendship among women.
4. Women are gorgeous, and whether you swing that way or not, there’s no harm in admiring the beauty of your friends.
5. Surrounding yourself with women you admire can bring out the best in you. After all, if these ladies are so great, and they’re friends with you, maybe you’re not so bad, either!
6. Motivation! When you have common goals with your girlfriends, it can lead to some healthy competition, but you can also spur each other on toward bigger and better things.
7. The more you love other people, the more you can understand and love yourself. How many old scars have been healed while trading stories with a girlfriend? Well, speaking for myself, quite a few!
8. Celebrating other’s successes is fun. You can have a great time being happy for your girlfriends. Your fabulous BFF has earned her success, and it’s encouraging to see her hard work pay off. Then, when your turn comes, she’ll be there to celebrate with you. There’s plenty joy to go around, so share it freely!
9. Creative energy abounds – you never know what kinds of things can happen when you get two or three (or twenty) inspired women together. Maybe you’ll put on an art show, launch a blog or start a business. There’s no limit to what friends can accomplish together.
10. Fun! Do we remember fun? What is life if you’re not having fun? And what better source of fun than your girlfriends? So, call up a girlfriend or two to meet for coffee, go shopping, watch a movie, just hang out, and share little tidbits about anything and everything till your cell phone dies, and remember to have fun!